• There are 2 NHS surgeries that cover Yapton and surrounding area: Avisford Medical Group and Meadowcroft.
• Avisford Medical Group has approx. 6000 patients, 2200 of which are Yapton residents. They employ 12 healthcare professionals and their services include a pharmacy. They are currently at capacity but could take additional patients subject to recruitment.
• Meadowcroft has approx. 2000 patients (number of Yapton residents is unknown). They employ 13 healthcare professionals and their services include a pharmacy and a midwife.
• The PCT has approved a new pharmacy in Yapton to be opened in 2012 at which time the surgery pharmacies will close.
• Yapton does not have a secondary school. Children over 11 years attend various schools outside the Parish.
• Secondary educational capacity in the Five Villages and surrounding area is expected to be inadequate by 2014.
• Yapton C of E Primary School has 236 pupils with 12 teaching and 20 support staff. Average class size is 30. They have capacity for approximately an additional 5% of pupils.
• Yapton has the highest reported crime rate of the Five Villages. There were 78 reported crimes reported in the period April to October 2011.
• Response times and coverage by fire and ambulance services from Bognor Regis, Littlehampton and Arundel is classified as ‘good’.
• Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance provides cover for Yapton and flying time from base is approximately 10 minutes.